Are you interested in video games? Do you want to be the first to try out new games?
This might be your chance to become a play tester for the company that’s best known for being the creator of games like Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls series.
Bethesda has just opened a new Play Test Lab at id Software’s studios, and now play testing volunteers are needed in the Dallas area.
Bethesda will be starting play tests in the coming weeks and months. They’ll be kicking off their first play tests with people that apply from their official website. People who apply will be able to play games before they release and even score some “cool Bethesda swag”.
Here are the requirements for applying to be a play tester:
- You must be 18 to apply and participate in a play test, no exceptions.
- You cannot participate in a play test if you work for a video game developer, or publisher, or if you are journalist that reviews video games.
- You will be required to a sign a non-disclosure agreement and show a valid government issued photo ID evidencing that you are at least 18 years old on the date of the play test.
- You must provide a valid email address when signing up. The email address you give on your application will be used to contact you about play testing opportunities.
- Participation in a play test is strictly on a voluntary basis and is not a paid position, nor does it qualify as employment. You may, however, receive games or swag in connection with your participation in the play test.
- We are looking for players of all skill levels and gaming backgrounds. It is important for us to know how the game feels for everyone, so even if you are not very good at video games you can still apply.
- We are only accepting play tester applications in the US. We are not accepting international applications at this time.
If you pass all the requirements, you can apply for the “job” here